Sunday, January 11, 2009

the reality is..

last week, i went to my friend's house. we did some studying & of course a bit of chit chat along the way was inevitable. and my friend asked me:

friend: what are my housemates doing?
me: i don't know. there are all in their rooms. maybe they are studying
friend: ic, then when do u guys get together? do u guys eat together for dinner
me: not really. most of us dine whenever we feel so. we don't normally wait/call for others.
friend: really. well, in this house we try as much as possible to wait for one another before eating. we also emphasize on praying together as well.
me: silent pause

i paused because i don't know what to say. i'm embarrassed of the fact that sometimes, even though we live under the same roof, i haven't seen some of my housemate for 3-4 days!!! and it's not entirely their fault. each of us are entitle to do what we wish & have our own privacy.

i know this sound a bit sentimental. i don't really anticipate much and i haven't confide this to anybody before. i like it the most when all of us are in the same room just doing things, be it eating, watching TV or just loitering. and i'm afraid sooner or later, unintentionally we could end up being strangers in our own house. and i dread that moment when we no longer care for one another.